/* ----------------------------------- */ /* ------------------------------------ */

Monday, October 26, 2009

wow - holly lug nutz

Well I was taken the bj40 for a spin to go by the shop ACC here in town . I was headed over there to ask about some gauges and getting mine working. After talking with them they seemed pretty optimistic that mine were not that far from working. Also after talking to them about the speed o being off , I feel real smart when they noticed it was in Kh not mph..... dohh..

Anyway back to my story , so I headed out the shop and down the road to visit some EXPO folks working on another truck and pop I heard this weird noise after turning. I though I must have broken something in the steering. Well pulled over and could find nothing wrong. I even kicked the tires and walked around the truck. Then decided to limp on back home. Well the noise continued until I saw in the rear view that my back tire was about to fall off. The lugs had come lose and were sitting on the last tread of the studs on 5 of the lugs. The sixth lug is broken off. Anyway as luck would have it I did not have my lug wrench with me either, so I continued on praying I would make it home. I did reach my garage and quickly began looking at the damage. I have stripped several of the lugs. Worn the thread down on some of them where I know it will be a problem and elonggated the lug holes on the rim. Dam,,,, I wont be making that mistake again , driving off with out checking everything out !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home